Only after twitter friend Jamila Hanan told me the “real” cause of Rohingeya cleansing, I was not into this matter deeply. May be loads and loads of target killings and extremism here in my country Pakistan have kept me too busy to look into the matters of other countries, but since I am a Muslim, and we were told by the clerics that Muslims are one irrespective of borders . I still remember one of the sermon I heard in Friday prayer, where the Imam compared the Muslim community with a human body, bruise on any part of the body makes whole body wrestles, similarly Muslims in trouble in any other part of world makes the whole community wrestles.
But in the case of Rohengyas, it seems the entire Muslim community has turned deaf and dumb. Nothing in United Nations, no action from OIC as well. So why cry over the reaction of other countries, if Muslims themselves are reluctant to raise their voice!
I would like to highlight the role of the only Muslim nuclear state Pakistan in this issue. And now I am short of words, I do not know what to highlight. Conventional condemnation on state level, and silly rallies and protests by civil society, seminars and conferences arranged by the excited youth, add the TTP’s (threek e Taliban Pakistan) revenge threat also, which they wish to take from Burmese government by attacking government assets here in Pakistan if it does not cut ties with Burma. Now that’s some revenge…
The reason why I gave the example of Muslim community in the beginning of this blog is the protests and rallies which took place in a large number in Pakistan, but soon faded away, infact withered away in a few days, and the Muslim unity fell like a pack of cards.
The religious political parties like Jamat e Islami, Sunni tehreek and the emerging political force of Pakistan Thereek e Insaf did protests and walks and whatever could have been done, but I do not why all this ended up too soon. Infact I wonder, what made them go out and raise their voice for the rohengyas issue, as this issue is not a new one but exists since ages in Burma.
The religious political parties like Jamat e Islami, Sunni tehreek and the emerging political force of Pakistan Thereek e Insaf did protests and walks and whatever could have been done, but I do not why all this ended up too soon. Infact I wonder, what made them go out and raise their voice for the rohengyas issue, as this issue is not a new one but exists since ages in Burma.
Is the issue over? Have the rohengyas given the right to live? Are rohengyas spared by the Burmese extremist groups? Have the Burmese government realized that human life is more important than oil?
May be all the answers to the above questions are not in affirmative. But We should not stop raising our voice against this brutal carnage. We must keep speaking against this ethnic cleansing, on all forums. And yes, We must not just rely on political parties, as the only they are best at is…. Politics!
I am not in a mood to upload the pictures of massacre. I feel it is not necessary to paint my blog with blood and stain, but appeal to my countrymen, not to stop and keep on raising their voice. I appeal specially to the youth of this country. Because I believe that youth is “the” impetus, and can break shackles among the top order.
Reffernces:



No comments:
Post a Comment